Wednesday, September 24, 2008


So, two days ago we made a small addition to our tiny expat family - a kitten [insert cute awwwwing noise here]. It's actually Amanda's cat, since my pet care resume is quite bare and includes only a semi-successful stint with two gerbils name Fatso and Squirmy. Despite my complete lack of pet lovin' skills, I'm kind of into the pet thing, and our nameless cat is sitting on my stomach as I write this. Plus, I learned some useful terminology from the cat lady who gave us the kitten - i.e. "piedritas" (kitty litter!) and "castrar" (ok you guys got that one).

Anyway, an update: Life currently is all about the job search. My roommates and I have adopted an addiction to Craigslist (ok, some of us already had that addiction), and we are now intimately familiar with each other's resumes. I also make a beeline for the clasificados in the local newspaper every time I go into a coffee shop (I'm too cheap to actually buy the paper), but so far all I can find is want ads for "Senoritas de la noche" and a lot of people selling their chinchillas. I swear I'm not making this up. 

I continue to be completely baffled by Argentine Spanish. Today Amanda ordered "un sandwich imperdible," which, according to my dictionary, is a "safety pin sandwich."

Un besito para todos!

Julie

No comments: